Utah society of health-system Pharmacists
10 Reasons to Become a USHP Member
1. Collaboration: The state of Utah is home to some of the most innovative pharmacists in the U.S. By becoming a USHP Member, you will become part of a group of individuals who are passionate about working together to push our profession forward in the Beehive State.
2. Discounts on Annual Education Opportunities: USHP Membership offers ~35 hrs of high-quality, live ACPE-accredited CE each year (both discounted & free). Our Fall / Spring Resident CE Series are both FREE for members! CE can be obtained in-person or online via WebEx.
3. Networking: Our Annual and Midwinter Meetings are the premier destination to connect with pharmacists, technicians, and students from hospitals, health systems, and other settings all over the state of Utah.
4. Collective Voice: USHP serves as the collective voice for health-system pharmacy in the state of Utah. We work tirelessly with state legislators and other professional organizations to advocate for laws that advance pharmacy practice and ensure patient safety. We attend Pharmacy Day on Capitol Hill annually and offer free tracking of pharmacy-related legislation.
5. Briefing on Important News: In order to save you time, USHP monitors current issues and events relevant to health-system pharmacy and notifies its membership when appropriate, through USHP Briefings and our quarterly USHP Newsletter.
6. Mentorship: Our Mentorship Program helps connect USHP Members and increase professional relationships across the spectrum of work experience. This program is a great way for you to get connected, or to give back to our profession.
7. Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume Review: We sponsor biannual CV Review Nights. This allows you to have your CV reviewed by seasoned professionals that will provide concise, constructive feedback on your CV to help you maximize your potential.
8. Affiliation: USHP is a state affiliate of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). We support the mission of ASHP at the state level.
9. Become Involved: There are many opportunities to become involved in USHP through our committees (Advocacy, Communications, Membership, Program, and Technician). In addition, USHP holds an annual election to appoint motivated, determined, and passionate leaders. Former Board members have been recognized as thought leaders in pharmacy, and often go on to advocate for the profession at the national level. Taking on a leadership role in a state affiliate is a great springboard for future leadership opportunities.
10. Recognition: If you are interested in recognizing your peers or being recognized, we accept nominations for Awards to be presented at our Annual Meeting (Pharmacist of the Year, New Practitioner of the Year, Technician of the Year, Intern of the Year, and Pharmaceutical Care Practice Award).